Why Is My Hair Falling Out? 💆♀️Hair Loss, Receding Hairline, Alopecia Areata – Dr. Ashley
Hair loss can be a mystery when it isn’t inherited or expected hair loss like male pattern baldness. If you are losing your hair, but don’t know why, watch this video and you’ll have an idea of what might by going on.
1. Many people associate hair loss with hormonal issues – and this would be one possibility. The interesting thing to note here is that it’s generally from a big drop in levels. For example, after pregnancy women’s estrogen levels plummet very quickly, and hair loss can occur for months after.
2. Hypo (or low) thyroid function – this is a very common reason for hair loss. Have your bloodwork checked to determine if this is an issue.
3. Medications – a number of pharmaceuticals can cause hair loss. Some heartburn medications when overused for prolonged time can cause certain nutrient deficiencies that can lead to hair loss. Some blood pressure meds, birth controls, medicines for depression.
4. Severe stress over time can lead to hormonal imbalances that can start to thin hair.
5. Sometimes after a severe infection (such as a severe viral infection or infection with high fever) or trauma or surgery, hair loss can occur 2-3 months later. Usually this is in the form of thinning hair, that later grow back.
6. Severe dieting with quick weight loss can lead to hair loss.
7. Some autoimmune disorders can cause patchy loss of hair like lupus, alopecia areata, and certain types of diabetes.
8. Fungal infections on the skin
Join me on your favorite social media by clicking the links below.
Subscribe here to see more Dr. Ashley videos:
Dr. Ashley is a Wellness Channel focused on Holistic Health Tips for the Times we live in. Video topics range from detox to functional medicine, mental wellness and natural medicine. The overarching theme is ‘Ecomedicine’ or how the ecosystems of the environment (both manmade and natural) around us are affecting our health and wellbeing. Dr. Ashley Salomon is a family medicine doctor, and also member of the board of integrative and holistic medicine under the American Board of Physician Specialists. She completed the Integrative Medicine Fellowship at the University of Arizona started by Dr. Andrew Weil. She has years of training in functional and European holistic medicine.
As described directly in the videos, any information on diseases, therapies and treatments viewed on this channel and social media is intended for general information only and must never be considered a substitute for advice provided by a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare professional with questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Although all content of this YouTube channel is for educational purposes only, all information contained on it is provided ‘as is’. We make no warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on this channel. Ashley Salomon MD PC may at any time and at its sole discretion change or replace the information available on this channel. To the extent permitted by mandatory law, Dr. Ashley Salomon shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of access to or use of any content available on this channel, including viruses, regardless of the accuracy or completeness of any such content.
male pattern baldness
hair loss treatment
hair loss in women
thinning hair women
hair growth treatment
hair growth for men
going bald young