How To Grow Long Healthy Hair! (Studies listed below!)
1. Make sure you aren’t deficient in any vitamins or minerals – and are having enough protein in your diet!
2. Avoid dyeing your hair/chemical treatments
3. Avoid heat and sun damage!
4. Consider taking a supplement (omega-3 or biotin)
5. Apply essential oils (like pumpkin seed or jojoba oil) Rosemary and Peppermint oil have also shown to work!
6. Watch your stress levels!
7. Consider using a silk pillowcase
8. Air dry your hair / avoid putting it up in a towel
9. Wash your hair in cold water instead of hot!
10. Avoid haircuts!
Remember: Hair typically only grows about a quarter of an inch — to a half an inch max — a month!!
((The American Academy of Dermatology says that hair grows about 1/2 inch per month on average. That’s a grand total of about 6 inches per year for the hair on your head.))
Your body uses vitamins for a variety of biological processes, including growth, digestion, and nerve function. There are 13 vitamins that the body absolutely needs: vitamins A, C, D, E, K, and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12, and folate). AAFP cites two categories of vitamins.
* Water-soluble vitamins are easily absorbed by the body, which doesn’t store large amounts. The kidneys remove those vitamins that are not needed.
* Fat-soluble vitamins are absorbed into the body with the use of bile acids, which are fluids used to absorb fat. The body stores these for use as needed.
Remember hair only grows around half an inch per month! That’s 6 inches or less a year (depending on the person)!
Vitamins A, C, D, and E, plus biotin and minerals like iron and zinc, can all stimulate hair growth by keeping your hair healthy in the anagen (active growth) phase.
The only products sanctioned by the US FDA for hair loss treatment are oral finasteride (Proscar®) and topical minoxidil (Rogaine®)
Studies & Information:
Become a Patron:
Follow me on Spotify:
Join my twitch server:
23andMe Referral Link:
Subscribe (and ding that bell):
Use code: HemenwayHOPE for $5 off
Want a postcard from my travels?
☕ Donate a coffee?
:･ﾟ✧ FOLLOW ME ⤵︎
SNAPCHAT ‣ @missmargaret
MY CLOSET ‣
✉ EMAIL ‣
STAY INFORMED ON THE NEWS:
POINT + SHOOT ▹ Canon 70D
School: VCU (GRADUATED)
FTC ‣ This is not a sponsored video. Some of the links above may be affiliate links.